Monday 5 January 2009

FRONT BEDROOM

We have got rid of the horrible blue flowery wallpaper, sorry vintage kitten i know you liked it but it was sooo filthy.
My partner painted the bedroom all white to brighten it up for now
There is quite a few holes in the wall still to fill in from where the old electric plugs where but we just didn't get the time to finish them off.
The front bedroom is really just a single room but until we get the money saved to do up the other room which is in quite a state we have to use this room.
So after the painting in comes Mrs mop that's me with bowls of hot soapy water and after nearly two hours of being down on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor then setting up the bed ,with partners help of course with the bed here is a photo of how far we got on.


I'm quite pleased with the result much cleaner and brighter.
There is still the window to sand and paint and a few touch ups of white but the house was so cold in December the paint took so long to dry but we will finish those jobs in May and hopefully get a few girly bits and pieces for the room.
Around by the window there was water which wouldn't cover up with the paint so we need to repaint with a oil based paint to get rid of the stain and then refill a piece of the window where the water was getting in.

3 comments:

  1. I there,
    Thank You so much for stopping by, and for such a lovely comment!
    You are more than welcome to visit me at any time...
    I would love that very much!!!
    That is... if you have some "spare time", as I can see that you are very busy with the house renovations.
    I hope that all will go well and I`m looking forward to see the progress and the end results!
    Keep up with the good work!
    Love,
    Debbie Moss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is my paper? LOL! Aww I liked it, but unfortunately maybe more shabby than chic? What a shame X

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL VINTAGE KITTEN
    IT REALLY REALLY WAS FILTHY

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment